a MTH 112 is a prerequisite for MTH 251, a required course for all chemistry majors. MTH 112 is not a required course for the chemistry degree.
b From elective list (term varies). Requires three electives from the list:
- BI 211: Principles of Biology (4)
- CH 692: Environmental Transformation of Organic Compounds (3)
- ENVE 541: Microbial Processes in Environmental Systems (4)
- BI 370: Ecology (3)
- CSS 305: Principles of Soil Sci (EOU Campus) or SOIL 205: Soil Science (3)
- GEO 487: Hydrogeology (4)
- CE 514: Groundwater Hydraulics (4)
- ENVE 531: Fate and Transport of Chemicals in Environmental Systems (4)
- TOX 413: Environmental Toxicology and Risk Assessment (3)
- CH 401: Research (3)
- ENVE 532: Aquatic Chemistry - Natural and Engineered Systems (4)
- TOX 490: Environmental Forensic Chemistry (3)
c As of fall 2020, BI 22X replaces BI 21X. A minimum of C- in BI 22X is an enforced prerequisite for BB 314. BI 22X must be taken in order. If you completed the previous BI 21X series before fall 2020, this series still meets the requirements here.
d Chemistry majors are strongly encouraged to take the chemistry major's orientation course, "Careers in Chemistry," fall term. This is 1 credit (P/N).
This order of courses is suggested. For the track-two core courses (CH, MTH, PH), the order is critical because of prerequisites and the fact that most CH courses are taught only one term per year. The TOX option courses are also only taught once a year. The option courses (BI, MB, ST, etc.) can be taken at different times than indicated, but one must be concerned with the prerequisites for these courses and some of these courses are taught only one term per year.
Baccalaureate Core courses are not shown on the chart above.