Skip to main content

Undergraduate Advising

Two students working with chemicals in a lab.

Each chemistry major is assigned to meet once a term with an advisor in Chemistry. Your academic faculty advisor will help you navigate your college experience and they will issue you a new registration PIN before you register for the next term. Chemistry advisors are all faculty members in chemistry and engaged in research as well as teaching, so they are a great resources to help you make decisions that support career goals and abilities and guide your academic progress. Communicating with your advisor will help you make the most of your academic journey and help keep you on track to graduation. Ask for their advice on course selection, degree requirements, and getting involved with activities in chemistry such as clubs, research, study abroad, internships, job experiences and more.

Requesting an advisor switch

To request a change in your chemistry academic advisor, please send an email to the Lead Chemistry Advisor and be sure to include the following:

  1. State your request in the subject line of your email
  2. Include the name of the chemistry faculty advisor you want to switch to (if you know).
  3. If you don’t know, the Lead Advisor will assign you to a new advisor based on your chemistry option.

Request for credit articulation for chemistry courses

For inquiries on chemistry course articulations from a transfer school to OSU, please first use the Single Search application posted at OSU Admissions on Transfer Course Equivalency : Single Transfer Course Search Tool See the splash screen on this application for directions on how to use it.

If there are courses listed in this report that are not articulated to course numbers at OSU, and you wish to have them reviewed, email the following information to the Lead Chemistry Advisor at

  1. Your name
  2. Your OSU ID (if you have one)
  3. The name of the transfer school. No abbreviations. (i.e. University of Oregon or Oregon State University, not UofO or OSU)
  4. The course number you wish to have evaluated (i.e. CH 101)
  5. A copy of the syllabus for the course you would like reviewed. Please provide one as close to the term you took the course as possible. Catalog entries and course descriptions do not give us sufficient information to be able to articulate a course.

Response time can take up to 1-2 weeks but we will try to get back to you asap.