a MTH 112 can be taken to prepare for MTH 251 if the score on ALEKS Math Placement assessment is 60-74. MTH 112 is not a required course for the chemistry degree.
b Chemistry majors are strongly encouraged to take the chemistry major's orientation course, CH 220, Careers in Chemistry, fall term. This is a 1-credit course and graded P/N.
c The analytical chemistry of combination of CH 421 (fall), CH 422 (winter), and CH 461 (fall) is recommended for the strongest background in analytical chemistry and should be taken the third year. With this option, only one term of inorganic chemistry, CH 411, is required so that this option adds only 2 credit hours to the total.
d Required chemical engineering option electives. Select three courses from the following list:
- CBEE 213: Process Data Analysis (4)
- CHE 312: Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (3)
- CHE 361: Chemical Process Dynamics and Simulation (3)
- CHE 411: Mass Transfer Operations (4)
- CHE 443: Chemical Reaction Engineering (4)
- CHE 445: Polymer Engineering and Science (4)
- CHE 461: Process Control (3)
- CH 401 or CHE 401 Research (3)
- ENGR 321: Introduction to Materials Science (4)
The order of courses is suggested. For the track-two core courses (CH, MTH, PH), the order is very fairly critical because of prerequisites and the fact that most CH courses are taught only one term per year. The options courses (ENGR, CHE, CBEE etc.) can be taken at different times than indicated, but one must be concerned with the prerequisites and the fact that many of these courses are taught only one term per year. Some courses are offered through OSU Ecampus.
Baccalaureate Core courses are not shown on the chart above.